What is this notice for?
This notice explains what we do with your personal data and the steps we take to keep it secure. It explains when and how we collect personal data, who we share it with, how we process it and what your rights are in respect of the personal data processing we carry out.
Who is Greene King?
As the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, Greene King welcomes customers into our 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels across the UK and brews a range of award-winning ales. Our products and services trade under a wide range of well-known brands, including Greene King, Hungry Horse, Farmhouse Inns, Chef & Brewer, Flaming Grill, Old English Inns, Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen. More information about all of our brands can be found on our home page.
When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this notice, we are referring to Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited. We are the data controller in respect of this website and the services described in this notice. Our ICO registration number is ZA054235.
When do we use your personal data?
We believe that a good customer experience means:
- Providing you with the products and services you want
- Giving you relevant information about our company, brands, products and special offers
- Keeping you safe whilst we entertain you
To do these things well, we need to process some of your personal data. We do this whenever:
We don’t keep your personal data for any longer than we need it. See our retention periods for more details.
Some of the processing we do is called profiling. This involves trying to understand people’s likes, dislikes and preferences and using this understanding to improve our business and make our brands, products, services and direct marketing as appealing as we can. See the profiling section for more details.
Sometimes we need to share your personal data with other Greene King companies or with other organisations that help us provide our products and services to you. We will not sell your personal data and we do not allow these organisations to use your personal data for anything that’s not described in this notice. We might also need to share your personal data to uphold your rights, our rights or the rights of other people and we may need to share your personal data to meet some of our legal obligations. See the data sharing section for more details.
You can find out more about how we meet our data protection law obligations here. This section also explains what rights you have in respect of the personal data processing we do, and how you can exercise them.
How can you contact us?
If you want to opt out of direct marketing
- Follow the unsubscribe instructions in the last marketing message you received
- To opt out of emails from The Great British Pub Card please click here
- To opt out of direct marketing from Greene King please send an email to email@example.com
If you want to discuss how we use your personal data
- Write to us at Guest Relations, Greene King, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3JZ
If you want to contact our Data Protection Officer
- Write to the Data Protection Officer, Greene King, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 01284 763222
Changes to this privacy notice